How do I use my router with router functionality (DHCP server)?
What type of modem do I have?
Based on the pictures below, you can easily find out what type of modem is installed in your home.
Do you have a Bbox-3? If so, then click on the ‘B-box3’ tab above for more info on wifi extenders or wifi boosters.
- Internet Box:
Do you have an Internet Box? If so, click on the ‘Internet Box’ tab above for more info on wifi extenders or wifi boosters.
Would you like to use your private router to manage your own network? Then follow these steps:
- Connect your private router via the LAN output of the modem to the WAN input of the private router.
- Switch the DHCP function on your private router ON.
- Change the IP settings of your private router to match those of the modem:
- Default Gateway: Change this to the IP address of the modem, e.g. 192.168.1.1.
- DHCP range: Change this to the same range as the modem, e.g. 192.168.1.2 - 192.168.1.254.
You now have one network in your home, where all your devices get their IP addresses from your private router. The private router is in turn connected to the modem to connect all your devices to the internet.
Would you like to set up DHCP (Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol) for your Internet Box? You can do so via My Viking, under 'Expert settings'. You must first go through 'Advanced settings', then click on 'Expert settings'. Under the tab DHCP, you can deactivate the DHCP server.Just confirm with your password and you can get started.