How do I use my private router as a WiFi access point?
Does your private router have Wi-Fi and do you want to use it to extend your Wi-Fi network? Then follow these steps:
- Connect your private router via the LAN output of the modem to the LAN input of the private router.
- Disable the DHCP function on your private router.
- Disable the PPPoE feature on your private router.
- Make sure the Wi-Fi feature on your private router is ON.
- Disable the WiFi function on your modem. Log on to the modem (via 192.168.1.1). You will find the details on the back of your modem. In My Wifi, turn "enable" OFF (disabled).
Your devices can now connect to your private router via Wi-Fi and get an IP address from the modem.