How do I activate / install my eSIM?
It's very simple. Immediately after your order, you will receive an e-mail with an activation code to activate your eSIM. Using the red button in that e-mail, go to your My Viking account and enter the code there.
Once that's done, you'll get a second email with a QR code that you scan with your phone's camera or that you scan via the settings of your phone , and your eSIM will be activated.
- Make sure your phone is connected to Wi-Fi before scanning the QR code.
- If you transfer an existing number with another operator to an eSIM from Mobile Vikings, before scanning the QR code, you must remove the physical SIM card from the previous operator from the phone.
- Similarly, if you replace a Mobile Vikings physical SIM card with a Mobile Vikings eSIM, you must remove that physical SIM card from the phone before scanning the QR code.
- For security reasons, you can only scan a QR code once. If it doesn't work a second time, please contact our helpdesk.
- Good to know: if you transfer an existing number from another operator to a Mobile Vikings eSIM, the transfer of your number to Mobile Vikings starts as soon as you enter the activation code in your My Viking account (it takes up to 1 business day max). As soon as the transfer is complete, you will receive the e-mail with the QR code. So keep that in mind (e.g. on Fridays or weekends).