What is an eSIM?
An eSIM is a digital SIM card, the successor to a traditional physical SIM card. At Mobile Vikings, you don't pay any costs for this type of SIM card. With an eSIM, you are not dependent on the mailman for delivery of your SIM card. Shortly after your order, you will receive a QR code to activate your eSIM.
Note: not all phones support eSIM. Devices that do, also offer room for a physical SIM card. Want to know if your device also supports eSIM? Check it here! With such a Dual SIM device, you kill two birds with one stone. You can use two numbers, and therefore two subscriptions. Compared to a traditional physical SIM card, an eSIM has many advantages:
- You can easily switch between 2 numbers if you have a Dual SIM.
- So you decide for example which number you call with, and which number you surf with.
- Outside the EU, you can easily use a local SIM card.
- Smartphone lost or stolen? Then activate a replacement eSIM in 1-2-3 on your replacement device.
- No need to change physical SIM cards anymore.
- You choose a more environmentally friendly alternative.