Special Conditions Viking Clan
2. What is a Clan
Vikings can group together in a ‘Viking Clan’ (hereinafter referred to as a: ‘Clan’). When a Clan has been formed, each Viking from that Clan receives additional mobile data on top of his or her existing rate plan (under certain conditions) via a data bundle. The size of the data bundle depends on the number of members in the Clan (see Article 5). As long as you are legally part of the Clan or the Clan legally exists, the additional data bundle will be renewed monthly. Vikings who form a Clan can name this Clan. Vikings are free to choose a name as long as it is not abusive, vulgar, or racist. Mobile Vikings cannot be held liable in any way should the Clan’s choice of words be abusive, vulgar, or racist.
3. Time frame
Invitations for a Viking Clan can be sent and accepted indefinitely. Mobile Vikings can change this deadline at its own discretion.
4. Creation and composition of a Clan
You can only create a Clan if you are already a customer of Mobile Vikings and you meet the membership conditions described in Article 6. You can then invite others to become a member of your Clan via ‘Member Gets Member’; these invitees can be either existing Vikings or new customers who meet the membership conditions described in Article 6. Anyone who is already a Viking gets a personal invitation link with which he or she can invite others. When someone accepts the invitation and fulfills the entry requirements described in Article 6, he or she will be able to join the Clan.
A Clan consists of a minimum of two and a maximum of four members, of which a maximum of two members are already customers of Mobile Vikings at the time of founding/joining, including the founder of the Clan. The other members of the Clan – who must become Mobile Vikings customers if they accept the invitation – join the Clan when they activate their Mobile Vikings SIM card.
A Mobile Vikings phone number can only be linked to a single Clan. A Viking can therefore be part of several Clans, but only using a different phone number.
5. Data benefit
The more members in a Clan, the greater the data benefit:
- Two members: each member receives a free additional monthly data bundle of 1 GB
- Three members: each member receives a free additional monthly data bundle of 2 GB
- Four members: each member receives a free additional monthly data bundle of 3 GB
When someone joins an existing Clan and the Clan subsequently grows larger, his or her data benefit is activated immediately. The other members of the Clan will see that their data benefit has also been adjusted when their current additional monthly data bundle expires.
Example: In a Clan of three, each member receives an additional 2 GB on their monthly data bundle. When one Viking joins that Clan, the data bundle (3 GB) connected to this newly joined Viking starts immediately. The other three Vikings of the Clan are therefore entitled to a greater data benefit (3 GB instead of 2 GB). This change takes place on the expiry date of the additional 2 GB data bundle that is already running.
When someone leaves the Clan, the data benefit of the member leaving the Clan expires with immediate effect. The other members of the Clan will see their data benefit adjusted when their current additional data bundle expires, on condition of the Clan’s validity with respect to the number of remaining members of the Clan.
Example: In a Clan of three, each member receives an additional 2 GB on their monthly data bundle. When one Viking leaves the Clan, the additional data bundle connected to this Viking will expire immediately. The other two Vikings will now form a Clan of two. This reduces their data benefit to an additional monthly bundle of 1 GB. This change takes place on the expiry date of the current 2 GB data bundle.
Vikings with a 70 GB subscription will also receive an extra data bundle as a member of a Viking Clan. They will receive the same amount of benefit depending on the size of the Viking Clan (1/2/3 GB extra) after the usage volume that gives rise to surfing at reduced speed. Under normal circumstances, this is after a usage of 27 GB.
Example: a 70 GB Viking is a member of a Viking Clan with 3 members. He/she receives the same benefit, in this case an additional 2 GB, and will therefore only continue surfing after a reduced speed usage of 29 GB until the renewal of his/her subscription month.
The data benefit of a Viking Clan cannot be combined with the 15 Viking Points benefit that the Viking receives when convincing a new Viking to become a Mobile Vikings customer. If you invite a new Viking to join your Clan, you will not receive 15 Viking Points when the new SIM card is activated by that Viking.
Occasionally, Mobile Vikings may decide to give an additional 1 GB bundle to a Viking. When this happens, the eligible Viking will receive a notification in their My Viking app and via email. They have up to a month to activate their additional 1 GB following this notification. The bundle itself is valid for one month, and the same conditions as for the general Viking Clan bundles apply. Receiving such a free 1 GB bundle does not entitle the Viking to free data in the future.
6. Conditions of entry
The following terms and conditions of membership apply cumulatively to both the Viking who establishes the Clan and any member who subsequently joins the Clan:
- The Viking has a subscription with a monthly amount of €15 or higher. Vikings with a prepaid card, or Vikings with a subscription of €10 or €12 per month, cannot join a Clan.
- The Viking has an active SIM card. At the time of joining, this SIM card must not be subject to any of the following processes:
- Termination of the number or a (request for) number transfer to another operator
- Planned switch to a prepaid card
- Planned switch to a €10 or €12 subscription
- The Viking is not yet part of any other Clan using this specific phone number.
- The Viking is not excluded from the Viking Clan benefit provided by Mobile Vikings in Article 7.
Mobile Vikings has the right, without entitlement to compensation for the Viking, to refuse the application to start up or join a Clan in the following cases:
- Failure to meet the entry conditions of this Article 6;
- When using the services offered by Mobile Vikings in violation of these Special Terms and Conditions, the General Terms and Conditions, with legal or regulatory provisions, with public order or morality, or in a way that damages the proper functioning or integrity of the service;
- In case of evidence (or suspicion) of fraud or abuse by the Viking in relation to the services offered by Mobile Vikings or if the Viking makes any attempt to do so.
If Mobile Vikings decides not to allow someone to join an existing Clan, the other Vikings of the Clan are not entitled to any compensation, for example as a result of not obtaining the (larger) benefit associated with joining the Clan.
A Viking can have several SIM cards and therefore several different telephone numbers and be part of a different Clan with each individual telephone number. These Special Terms & Conditions apply to each Clan individually, and therefore to the telephone number the Viking is using to be part of a specific Clan. A Viking can never be part of more than one Clan with the same telephone number.
7. Exit or removal from the Clan
7.1 A Viking will no longer be part of a Clan if any of the following occurs:
- The Viking leaves the Clan via the settings of his or her SIM card;
- The Viking switches the number in question to a prepaid card or to a subscription of €10 or €12;
- The Viking permanently disconnects his or her number or transfers it to another operator.
In any of these cases, the Viking is not entitled to any compensation as a result of leaving the Clan in question (whether or not of his or her own accord). In any of the above cases, the Viking and the phone number in question will be banned from the Viking Clan programme for one month. This means the Viking cannot start a new Clan, nor can the Viking join an existing Clan via an invitation from another Viking.
7.2 Mobile Vikings has the right to unilaterally revoke membership of the Clan without any right to compensation for the Viking in the following cases:
- When using the Viking Clan in violation of these Special Terms and Conditions, the General Terms and Conditions, with legal or regulatory provisions, with public order or morality, or in a way that damages the proper functioning or integrity of the Mobile Vikings service;
- In the event of proof (or suspicion) of fraud or abuse by the Viking with regard to the Viking Clan or more generally the service provision of Mobile Vikings, or make an attempt to do so;
- When the Viking no longer meets the entry conditions described in Article 6.
If Mobile Vikings decides to withdraw membership of a Viking for the above reasons, Mobile Vikings has the right to permanently exclude that Viking from the Clan programme, and thus from other Clans of which the Viking would be a part, without prejudice to the right of Mobile Vikings to claim damages and to terminate the Contract (i.e. the Agreement relating to the mobile services described in the Terms and Conditions) with the Viking. In addition, as a result of the termination of the Contract, any other benefit, including any Viking Points, will lapse. The Viking cannot assert any claim against Mobile Vikings if membership to a Clan is revoked for any of the reasons stated above.
If Mobile Vikings decides to withdraw membership of a Viking, the other Vikings of the Clan are not entitled to any compensation as a result of losing any benefit associated with the Clan, i.e. less data due to the Clan shrinking, or the termination of the Clan if it becomes smaller than two.
8. One month of free data via a Viking Clan with Mobile Vikings
The Vikings who are not yet a member of a Viking Clan, will receive on their coming Viking anniversary (i.e. 1, 2, etc. years of being a Mobile Vikings customer), an invitation via e-mail from Mobile Vikings to form a Viking Clan of 2 members with Mobile Vikings for a limited period of one month. After this period, the clan will be automatically deleted. Only one invitation will be sent per Viking over the duration of the Mobile Vikings subscription. This way, they will receive an extra bundle of 1 GB of mobile data on top of their normal subscription bundle valid during 1 month. No additional members can be added to this temporary Viking Clan.
9. Miscellaneous provisions
Mobile Vikings reserves the right to discontinue the Viking Clan programme (in whole or in part) without having to provide any justification. In the event of termination, Mobile Vikings will notify the Viking by all appropriate means (e.g. SMS, email). Mobile Vikings reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions, as well as the processes relating to Viking Clan programme, without obligation to provide justification. If relevant to the Viking, these changes will be communicated to him or her by any appropriate means (e.g. text message, email).