What can I do when my data roaming doesn't work?
If you cannot connect to the local mobile internet immediately, go over this checklist before you do anything else.
- Restart your device as soon as you arrive abroad.
- Try to establish a connection with the different local networks manually through your device settings. One network may provide a more stable connection than another.
- For Android (Samsung, LG, Xiaomi, ...) follow these steps: Go to Settings > Connections > Mobile Networks > Network Operators > press 'select manually'. It may take up to two minutes for the available networks to appear. Select one of the local providers.
- For iOS (iPhone): Settings > Cellular > click on Network Selection > tap once on the toggle to change 'automatic' to 'manual'. It may take up to two minutes for the available networks to appear. Select one of the local providers.
- Check whether the option 'data roaming' is enabled in your device settings. This will usually be available in the 'Mobile networks' menu.