What is VoLTE?
VoLTE stands for Voice Over LTE. And LTE is also known as 4G. This allows you to call anywhere in Belgium and use mobile data at the same time, on the condition that you have a mobile data (4G) signal.
What are the advantages?
Not only does your call start faster, the quality is also much better. Moreover, VoLTE allows you to surf and call via 4G at the same time, at the same speed. This can be useful if, for example, you are calling with your earphones in and want to look something up at the same time. It also makes hands-free calling in the car without losing connection to navigation apps a thing of the past.
Good to know:
- Activating VoLTE is free, but if you call, these minutes will be deducted from your bundle (just like a normal call).
- Both Vikings with a subscription and a prepaid card can use VoLTE.
- Your device must support 4G/LTE. Read here how you can activate 4G.
- Have you activated a VPN? Then VoLTE does not work.
- VoLTE is not available abroad.
- For all calls to international and premium numbers or calls outside your bundle, normal rates apply. More info can be found here.
- Don't want to use VoLTE? Simply disable this feature through your phone's settings.