I don't have any mobile internet. What do I do?
Trouble with your mobile internet, 4G, or surfing abroad? Follow the steps below to solve your issue.
Do you still have enough mobile data in your bundle?
It’s very important that you configure these settings correctly. In most cases, correcting these solves the problem. Go to our settings guides and look for your device. Did you receive your SIM card after March 15th 2021, and do you have an Android phone? Download the My Viking app! It will automatically configure your device for mobile internet, and you can use it to manage your SIM card. :-)
Can’t find your device in the list? Then choose a similar device, the settings themselves are the same. If you have an Android device, pretty much any Android phone guide will do. But just to be sure, you’ll find the settings below:
- Name = Mobile Vikings
- APN = web.be
- Username = web
- Password = web
- Proxy = [leave blank]
- Port = [leave blank]
- APN-type = default,supl
- Authentication / verification type = PAP
Save your settings, toggle your flight mode on and off, and test your connection. If it didn’t work, reboot your device. That should do the trick.
If you have an iPhone, please make sure VoLTE is disabled by going to settings -> Mobile network -> Mobile data options -> Calls and data -> 4G, VoLTE off
Abroad / Roaming
- Check whether you have roaming enabled
- Choose another available operator and reboot your device
- Switch between 3G/4G/LTE
Try this out in your device’s settings:
- Apple: Settings > Mobile data > select "Enable 4G".
- Samsung (Android): Settings > More settings > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Sony (Android): Settings > Wireless and networks > Mobile networks > Network mode > select 4G, LTE or an automatic network selection.
- Nokia (Windows Phone 8): Settings > Mobile networks > Highest connection speed > LTE.
Wanna know whether your SIM card is broken?
- Could you try your physical SIM card in another device? If that doesn't work either, then the problem may be with your SIM card itself. Our helpdesk can then help you find another solution or replace your SIM card.