How can I configure my modem in bridge mode?
What type of modem do I have?
Based on the pictures below, you can easily find out what type of modem is installed in your home.
- B-box 3:
Do you have a B-box 3? Click on the ‘B-box 3’ tab above to see how to configure your modem in bridge mode.
- Internet Box:
Do you have an Internet Box? Click on the ‘Internet Box’ tab above to see how to configure your modem in bridge mode
If you want to use your own router in addition to your B-box 3, for example to extend your Wifi coverage, you need to set your B-box 3 modem to Bridge mode to avoid issues. Enabling Bridge mode can be done by following the steps below:
- Making sure you are connected to your Mobile Vikings network, go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Log in using the password that is printed on the back of your modem.
- Go to 'Network Connectivity'
- Click on the arrow under the sub menu Internet:
- Switch PPP enable slider to Disable and click.
- Done! Now you can connect a network cable from one of the LAN ports of your B-box 3 to your own router. The PPP configuration needs to be done on the authenticating device.
Would you like to set up bridge mode for your Internet box? You can do this via My Viking, under 'Expert settings'. To get started, you go to 'Advanced settings', then you can click on 'Expert settings'. Just confirm with your password and you're good to go ;-). One more thing: make sure you use the MAC address of the WAN port of your own hardware that you want to connect in bridge mode.