I have a problem with my wifi booster. How can I fix it?
What type of modem do I have?
Based on the pictures below, you can easily find out what type of modem is installed in your home.
Do you have a B-box3? If so, click on the ‘B-box3’ tab above to see how you can solve your problem with your wifi booster.
- Internet Box:
Do you have an Internet Box? Then click on the ‘Internet Box’ tab above to see how you can solve your problem with your wifi booster.
- Restart your wifi booster by pressing the on/off button to switch it off.
- Wait 10 seconds and press again. The on/off light does not light up? Check that the wifi booster is properly connected to a power socket.
- Check that the switch on the back of the wifi booster is in the AUTO position, unless you have connected a device to the modem with an Ethernet cable (in which case the switch must be in the Access Point position).
- Synchronise the wifi booster and your modem.
- Press the WPS (wifi Protected Setup) button on your modem for 2 seconds.
- Within 2 minutes press the WPS button on your wifi booster.
- Check that the LEDs on your wifi booster are lit.
Does this not solve your problem? In that case, we suggest you reset your wifi booster.
- Press a pen or paperclip (avoid pencils or toothpicks) for at least 10 seconds in the small hole on the back of your wifi booster.
- Release when all the LEDs except Power and WPS go out. The WPS light will go out a few seconds later.
- Unplug your wifi booster from the wall socket.
- Your wifi booster has now been reset. Insert the plug back into the socket outlet.
Is your wifi Booster v2 not working properly? To make sure, check its LEDs.
The power LED
- Pink: Start of the wifi Booster v2.
- Orange, white, turquoise: Configuration ongoing.
- Blue: The startup is done. Connection established.
The positioning LED
- Blue: Perfect signal. Your wifi Booster is connected by ethernet.
- Green: Perfect signal.
- Orange: Sub-optimal signal.The wifi Booster is too far or to close from the Internet Box. We advise you to place the receiver in a high, well-aired place, and not in cupboards or shelves.
- Red: Weak signal. The wifi Booster must be moved or a second one should be used to amplify the signal. We advise you to place the receiver in a high, well-aired place, and not in cupboards or shelves.
- Blue: The wifi is properly configured.
- Red: Configuration issue.