How do I change the name and/or the password of my Wi-Fi network (SSID)?
Hoe weet ik welke modem ik heb?
Based on the pictures below, you can easily find out what type of modem is installed in your home.
Do you have a Bbox-3? If so, click here for more information on how to change the name and/or the password of your Wi-Fi network.
- Internet Box:
Do you have an Internet Box? If so, click here for more information on how to change the name and/or the password of your Wi-Fi network.
Note: this can only be done on a device that is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- If you'd like a visual guide, visit our wizard!
- Go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Log in with the user and password indicated on the sticker on the back of your modem.
- Then click the cogwheel next to Wi-Fi 5 Ghz or Wi-Fi 2.4 GHz.
- Modify the name and/or password of your Wi-Fi network (SSID) and press ok. Choose a secure password, and preferably save it in a digital password manager (e.g. Bitwarden or LastPass). Note: devices that were already connected to your Wi-Fi will need to be reconnected with this new data.
You can easily change the password of your WiFi network in My Viking. If you click on "Internet at home," you can press the pencil next to "WiFi name" and choose a different name for your Wifi network.