How can I rename my Wi-Fi network?
What type of modem do I have?
Based on the pictures below, you can easily find out what type of modem is installed in your home.
- B-Box 3:
Do you have a B-box 3? If so, click here to see how you to rename your Wi-Fi-network.
- Internet Box:
Do you have an Internet Box? Then click here to see how to rename your Wi-Fi-network.
Note: this can only be done on a device that is connected to your Wi-Fi network.
- If you prefer, you can follow our guides!
- Go to http://192.168.1.1.
- Login with the user and password indicated on the sticker on the back of your modem.
- Then click the cogwheel next to Wi-Fi 5 Ghz or Wi-Fi 2.4 Ghz.
- Modify the name and/or password of your Wi-Fi network (SSID) and press ok. Choose a secure password, and preferably save it in a digital password manager (e.g. Bitwarden or LastPass). Note: devices that were already connected to your Wi-Fi will need to be reconnected with this new data.
You can easily change the name of your Wi-Fi network in My Viking. First, you click on "Internet at home", after which you can click on the pencil next to "Wi-Fi name" and choose a different name for your network.